We have successfully lasted one week off bedrest! Well, at least one work week. A crazy, long-hour, running around, frantic work week.
I also realized that I have already made TWO whole sacrifices for this baby. Muy generosa, I know. I mean aside from giving he or she a place to live for 37 weeks, 2 days and counting, of course....
I pretty much have no garden. I sacrificed the garden for the air conditioning and comfort for mommy and baby. I think I am done with squash but have tons of green toms. Hopefully they ripen okay. I brought in 4 guys tonight, but have come to terms with the fact that my yield is quite depressing. next year, I tell ya!
Second sacrifice? Fresh cut and color before baby arrival cancelled to instead go to acupuncture to get body ready for baby. My favorite acu guy and the hair appointment were both only available this week on Friday at 11. awesome. When I told David I sacrificed my hair for acupuncture (i.e. the baby) he responded with "I wish you could do both." Was that a dig about the state of my hair? Or a genuine thoughtful husband comment that I shouldn't have to make a sacrifice. I am going with #2 of course!
We go back to the Dr. on Monday and this time my mindset is that we are okay if we go to the hospital and don't leave until we are driving home Baby Glenn. And, we are also okay if we have not progressed. Thankfully I am not swollen, have yet to gain 50 pounds and am actually not that uncomfortable. I might get antsy eventually - but have already decided that I will just assume this baby is a "Lehman" and is stubborn. It might be a trait my dad and I have. Might be.
Look for an update on Monday!
8 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment