As a follow up to the last Blog post.... We did not have to wait at all Thursday. . As Thursday was the day baby Glenn decided to join us!
Introducing Hadley Louise....And her story of arrival
July 25: start one week of bed rest after learning we are 4 cm at 35 weeks and doc wants to buy us 9 days to full term.
August 1: doc appt. Released from bed rest - still feeling great!
August 8: doc appt and now 5cm. Not bad for 2 weeks between exams
August 17: doc appt and still 5cm (thus prompting the title of the previous post, thinking we sat on bed rest for nothing). We were given an offer to break water on the 22nd since we had been hanging out at 4-5cm for 3+ weeks now.
Fast forward one day to Thursday, August 18.....the big day
The morning was good. I felt great. Laughed with co-workers who played a prank on me in my office. Wrapped up some more work, etc. I started to notice back pain and discomfort. But, honestly back pain was nothing new to me so I just kept getting up and moving around. At about 12:35 I left work for a hair appointment. Driving to broad ripple it dawned on me that this back pain had a slight frequency. Oh. Crap. So starting at 12:45 I used a contraction timing app and started paying attention. Oh. Holy. Crap. As I am playing cool at the salon, my contractions (although still mainly in my back) were anywhere from 4-6 min apart. I told the stylist I was "sorry for being so quiet, but I was just really uncomfortable." Surely she noticed my sweat and flushed cheeks, but I played it cool I'm sure. Then I knew there was no time for this hair cut...So politely declining my cut and rushing her through rinsing the color-I left the salon abruptly and with dripping wet hair knowing in my heart this was it!
After a call to the doc (even though I was going to that office no matter what they said!) and a call to David...my rage filled drive up meridian began. " watch out traffic! Crazy hormonal lady in labor coming through!"
Fast forward to 2:22 pm - not even 2 hours after this all started david and I are both close to the hospital and keeping in touch. I pull up, we walk in and the pain is getting more and more constant. I thought there were pauses between contractions? We politely wait for the doc to come get us in the waiting room (are you kidding me?) and then finally get to see the doc on call. As she says "I can see the pain in your face" we learn I am 9 1/2 cm dilated.
Let the foggy memory/whirlwind begin.
now it's to the hospital (thankfully connected to the medical bldg where the doc office is) at about 2:50 ish.
Our room wasn't ready, the doctor wasn't there but this baby didn't care. She was coming. And, to answer so many of our friends' question, there was no epidural. Something I was already considering but it's a whole different story when its not even an option.
i'll spare you the details - but after 6 (we think) contractions of pushing - the most beautiful noise was heard .... A baby crying.
David announced to me it was a girl and cut the cord. Oh and pretty much kept me sane and together. No small fete. Amazing daddy already.
She is perfect. Has tons of hair and the longest eyelashes.
There you have it. How 2 became 3.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
8 years ago
3 comments:
Wow, mama! Way to go! You rock, Sara! Congratulations to you, David & your family! Enjoy every second of this special time!! I'm hoping to see proud Aunt Erin this week while she's in town! :)
What an unbelievable day! And, quite possibly one of the best labor stories ever. At least you got your hair colored ;) Thanks for sharing the timeline!! Lots of love to you, David and Hadley!!! I can't wait to meet her!!!
Congrats! This is an awesome story! I don't know too many moms sitting at 9cm in the salon! Enjoy sweet Hadley!
Post a Comment