In addition, most receipes are not mine per se, but come from food network, rachel ray, real simple or costco mostly. I mean, come on, it's not the 1950's...I don't make up my own dinners :)
Balsamic Chicken with tomato reduction
- 2-4 chicken breasts
- 1 can diced tomatos (I use Red Gold diced with basil, garlic & oregano)
- balsamic vinegar
Spray a glass baking dish with pam and place chicken in dish, not overlapping. Pour/drizzle balsamic vinegar to coat. (I use alot, but I like vinegar and it keeps the chicken moist-it is dark then, scary, but yummy-so test out your fav amount!). Bake on 350 for 20-25 minutes, or until chicken is cooked to your liking. Pour diced tomatos into medium skillet, put a few dashes of balsamic vinegar and cook until reduced, approx. 20 min on medium heat. (if I buy the basic no salt added diced tomatos, I include garlic and seasoning into the tomatos in the skillet).
That's it! Once the chicken is done, plate and pour tomato reduction over the top. It does make for nice presentation, if I do say so myself. I usually serve with grilled asparagus. If you are craving some carbs as part of that meal, make quinoa and add some italian seasoning as it is cooking and some garlic to flavor it up.
I will take some credit for this concoction as I went to make it from a costco cookbook (a-ma-zing) and didn't have chicken stock, fresh garlic and something else. So I improvised and it is so easy squeezy.
And, somewhat healthy, right?
Enjoy!!
2 comments:
can't wait to try it out! delicious! :)
Thanks, Sarah! Trying this one tonight! Sounds great (and easy)!
Post a Comment