Monday, March 2, 2009

Green Goodness

is right...yum-o!




I do love the color green, but as my family knows, not necessarily green food. I am getting way better about the green food if I do say so myself, but picking up a green drink at kroger? Now, that is a huge step!

It just so happens I hate taking vitamins (yuck!) if they aren't gummy or chewable...so imagine my excitement when David pointed out the Green Goodness smoothie last night!

Now, I could take a one-a-day vitamin and get 50% of my daily Vitamin A needs, or I can drink a serving of Green Goodness and get a whopping 120%! The same goes for Vitamin C (not a huge difference): vitamin=100%, Green Goodness=105%. And Zinc: vitamin=100%, Green Goodness=120%.

It also has no preservatives, is gluten free, is 100% juice and has no sugar added.

I am sure the vitamin offers lots of other things above and beyond what the Green Goodness can offer (it is created in a lab after all), but since I don't take those-this is a step in the right direction!

p.s. Bolthouse Smoothies are on sale at Kroger-check 'em out! :)

1 comment:

Brooke Burtnett said...

I decided to check out the Green Goddess, based on your post. You are right, it is delicious! I also bought the vanilla chai tea protein smoothie....check it out! It is so good, especially when you sprinkle a little cinnamon on it. Thanks for the tip!