I used to pass Fair Oaks Farm all the time when traveling to the Region for work. I always wanted to stop but on my way up never allowed enough time and on my way home just wanted to get home.
So, on Sunday when David and I were making the I-65 trek back home from Chicago, the words "oh come on - we're on a road trip!" actually came out of David's mouth. Can you believe it? this from the kid who hates with a capital H driving!
We should have borrowed a few kids to take with us so we would fit in, but thankfully I am clearly cooking one now so maybe we fit in - at least just a little.
but, I digress. The point is that I love love love cheese and milk and cheesy, milky things. This place is a gold mine! You can sample cheese, eat grilled cheese, drink milk, eat ice cream. Yum-O! We didn't tour the birthing barn (ew) or any of the activities. It was purely an eating destination for us. But, I highly recommend making time to stop next time you are traveling up the dreaded I-65 route to chicago.
now trips to chicago or the region don't seem so bad after all.
8 years ago
1 comment:
your post made me laugh out loud! love it! you are a really good writer!
see you SOON!
erin
Post a Comment