Our week o'fun started with a trek to B-Town on Sunday with Matt (Bo) and Sarah (MoMo). David and I ensured they had a yummy brunch at Village Deli and a drink at Nick's before the game. It was actually a great game vs. Evansville. Big crowd, energetic visiting fans and better seats once we snuck down during the 2nd half. (p.s. this is David's favorite quest - where can he find the best seats!)
da boys at Nick's
The sara(h)s at Nick's
Then, we actually passed on Tuesday night's IU game (for the sake of sanity) and had our next evening of fun on Wednesday. A loud and fun group of 10 of us went to ZING for dinner then off the to SNC concert. It was so fun!
Then, came Thanksgiving on Thursday. I decided to get a farm-fresh turkey this year. David and I are trying to be better about how our environment impacts us, and how we impact the environment. So, that meant no butterball turkey for us. I found that Joe's Butcher Shop in Carmel had farm raised turkeys at a reasonable price. So, on Wednesday I picked up our 20 pound bird. Yes, 20 pounds. I brined him and could barely lift him off the counter with his own weigth and the water. We had more laughs when I realized that a heart and neck were still in the cavity for me to remove. ew and more ew. But, we laughed.
mr. turkey about to get brined.
apparently we need to get David his own apron :) The bird is about to be carved! David did a great job cooking, basting and carving the turkey!Then, Friday was another IU Game! We did start the day with a nice brunch at patachou (hello guilty pleasure broken yolk sandwich!) and then meet up with mom & dad for dinner at Yogi's and the game. Another win for IU!
david and I at Yogi'sSaturday - Oaken Bucket Game! We tagged along with our friends - Kelly & JP, and Kelly's family, to Purdue for the Oaken Bucket game. This was our first time tailgating at PU and while we are not fans of the school/teams/stinky town, there was NO tailgate traffic, we pulled right in by their parking lot (where they had a pass) and got right out of town after the game. None of those things happen in Bloomington. We snagged 3 of their tickets and had a great time inside for the first half. We decided to go back to the tailgate for the 2nd half - so we missed the big interception > fieldgoal > win sequence.
Then on Sunday I finally was able to meet Olivia! She is such a "Luoma" and so tiny and sweet. Compared to other 2010 babies I have cuddled, she is the most petite little thing. So sweet!
We were also invited to enjoy the Colts game with one of David's vendors. So, we pulled up our bootstraps, found some energy (somehow) and went downtown for a short tailgate and the game. We did leave early (yikes! what a game!) so we were in bed around 12:30 a.m. Not too bad :)
So, there you go. A whirlwind week. Now, its back to reality - with lots to do, a house to decorate, books to read, work to finish, holiday events, etc. But, we are enjoying the couch - for tonight at least.
4 comments:
Phew. I am worn out just reading all of this. But what a fun, sports-filled week and weekends. Thanks for letting the solo Matty B tag along with you to B-Town! :)
I just heart the Glenns! Way to be troupers and soak up a little life this past weekend!
Holy Moly, you guys are busy!!!!
True fact, I did not get the memo on the flowered headband - but despite my fashion faux paux, I was honored to be included in three of these awesome adventures! I love me some GloGlos!!!!
Post a Comment