More holiday decor is up (a big thanks to my mom!) and I am so excited.
The story behind the tree: I have been wanting a bigger tree than the one I had before but wasn't seeing anything I liked. And, let's be honest, could find better ways to spend a few hundred bucks. So, the pouting only lasted a few days :)
Little did I know that David really heard me when I would talk about a bigger tree-ha! He came home one day a couple of weeks ago with a "surprise" in his car. A huge box containing a HUGE tree! It turns out a restaurant that went out of business was storing their stuff at Kipp. Well..if you've got no business...you don't need a tree, right?? Aside from having to shake fake snow out of it's branches, it was perfect!
Well, perfect aside from one thing-it's size. 8.5 feet tall and 6 feet wide. holy holly, where were we going to put that? I thought my "free tree dream" had died until the December Dining Dozen and the idea of a partial tree was born.
Behold the 1/4 tree. I'm in love.
Can't even tell can you? :)
garland up the stairs (looks better lit!)
my holiday crafting! SO proud :)
I have to thank Padge for the craft idea and my mom for all of her help "fluffing" the tree, making sure the lights were perfect and helping arrange the ornaments and dining room table.
2 comments:
Ok, was going to post a pic of our tree but after seeing YOURS - don't think so! ha! looks beautiful...
I love the quarter tree! How ingenious of you! And the rest of the decorations look amazing!!
Post a Comment