Monday, December 22, 2008

Kreativity


So, since I practically begged Padge to start a blog, she has been on me to accept my Kreativ Blogger award and answer the call of action. Here goes...


List six things that make you happy. Pass the award along to six more bloggers.: Do not give the typical answers and go for the less obvious, as you all know that family, friends, God, etc would be on the list:

1. Coffee: It is not just the caffiene, but the feeling of actually starting my day once I get a sip. It is not only to make it through the day, but it tastes good! It also smells great! In addition to jump starting my day, it can be a fun outing to grab coffee with friends, meeting my mom for coffee in downtown Noblesville, having a meeting for work, logging on to work somewhere other than my tiny tiny office with no windows and much much more. My sister and I actually bond over coffee-ha! It is "Hey! Have you tried the Mocha Spice latte at Dunkin Donuts yet?" or "OMG-the Peppermint Mocha is back-it's officially winter!"

2. Entertaining: David and I would be great cruise directors. I love all of it. Cleaning the house, putting the most normal everyday item on a special platter, cooking for others, trying new meals and making "tablescapes." It is so nice to have a house full of friends who are enjoying the night hanging out and eating good food!! I love bringing homemade food to other parties and try to avoid storebought food at all costs. It sometimes means late nights or early mornings making something special-but it is always worth it!

3. Mexican food: I don't know if it is the cheese, the salt, the chips or the margaritas-but mexican food always sounds good! I think it is also because mexican food is always eaten with friends, whether taco night with friends over, a big group at El Camino or meeting Padge at the tried and true Chipotle for lunch. Love it! Makes me happy!

4. Jack & Reagan: While it makes me sad that they live so far away, just hearing them in the background when Erin and I are talking makes me smile. They are the cutest two kids ever (at least until I have some! ha!) and they have such lively personalities. They are growing up so fast and I am amazed by what they say and do-at such a young age! I can't wait for them to visit in January. Jack already declared a sleepover and Aunt Sara & Uncle David's and told Mommy she can't stay-ha!!

5. Checking things of a list: I guess it is actually the feeling of accomplishment. I think this feeling of success has been a part of my life ever since we were really young and my dad always said "Do your best, that is all we ask." Now, I am a little anal, so sometimes I forget that "doing my best" is not necessarily doing everything in one day-but crossing off items from the list is just as nice! I make lists for everything all day long. I would honestly forget nearly everything if it wasn't written down. I guess I should have made my reasons why I love list in list format! ha!

6. Date nights: date nights seem to be few and far between when you live together and when you get married. I guess they happen ("I have to run errands so let's meet and PF Changs for dinner) but I mean the ones that are called date nights. Saturday night David even backed the car out, came to the door and "picked me up!" I get to be queen for the night, not cook, doors opened and doted on. A long long time ago I pouted about moving in with David because there would be no more date nights and him coming to the door and my heart skipping a beat when the doorbell rang. So, he promised he would still do that. And he does. It always makes me smile from within-a warm heart!! #6 just made me feel really old, like we have been married for 50 years :)

So, there, I finished (Finally, I know). But, since I was so slow all of our blogger friends have already completed this. If you read this blog and haven't done it-DO IT! On another note, if you read this blog and have your own blog that I don't know about-let me know!

Cheers!

1 comment:

Waldner News said...

LOVE your list...especially the coffee note! I ditto that...had the Mocha Spice Latte today in fact. ha! Have you tried it yet??? :) xoxo! Erin