Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Blessings disguised as chaos



We've made it 4 weeks on bedrest!  Exciting yet anxiety-inducing!  When will this baby come? What does that pain mean?  How come we can't go to dr every day for peace of mind??

With all the help the last 4 weeks have required, it's easy to get frustrated or overwhelmed, and lose sight of the best part of all-that B3 is getting close to full term and that's all that matters. 

Chaos abounds in this home in the evenings. We have help every evening with people coming and going, our kids are crashing at an earlier time, if you don't feed or take Brady away from the kitchen by 5:45 you're doomed and Hadley is exercising her in-between age at her best (am I a baby? Am I a big girl? I can't decide!).  

I told David tonight that it must be a full moon. Hadley had a split personality.  Brady was back to only wanting me (Nonnie!!! He yells!) and they just didn't stop until their heads hit their beds.  David calls on his way to lowes to say that it really is a full moon.  Ha!  

Reflecting on Hadley's behavior David says "I think we have it really easy."  And there you have it. The "smack across the face" reminder that 95% of the time she is an overly helpful and mature 3 year old, that we are very lucky to have family and friends close to help and the fact that I'm what provides Brady comfort is an amazing feeling.  

There are many blessings disguised as chaos-and more coming our way!  I can only imagine what our house will be like come November.  It makes me sleepy to think about it. 

Is tomorrow the day?  

No comments: