Monday, June 17, 2013

Brady's First Week

"the days are long, but the years are short"

truer words have never been spoken, thank you to Aunt Erin for this reminder when Hadley was born. I am definitely keeping it in mind this time too.  I actually would even say that the days are long but the weeks are short.  I can't believe it's been 9 days, but I also can't believe it's only 9 p.m. after this long day.  And before I know it, I will be in the 2nd half of my maternity leave lamenting the fact that it's gone by so quickly.

Anyhoo - Brady has had a great first week so far.  Don't get too excited about a post titled "First Week" as I don't anticipate a weekly summary post, but the first week is easy!

We are trying to break ourselves of the habit of comparing he and Hadley and what they did and when.  But, seeing as she is our only "real life reference" it's only natural.  We aren't off to a totally different start, but they definitely have their own preferences and we are certainly more confident this time.  Not that we are tossing him around like a football and covering him in germs, but we are more relaxed in so many ways.

Hadley is getting more and more interested in him too - which is adorable to witness.  She wants to sit on our laps when we have him, kiss him, know where he is (we spent one evening yelling "brady boo are you??" as in where are you) followed by "right dare" and pointing.  love our little repeating parrot.

We had his newborn photo shoot this morning so hopefully we can share those images soon!

Enjoy some pictures of Brady's first week!

First sponge bath

stud

love from big sissy

kisses

teaching Brady Boo all about tummy time

telling him about coloring and painting

gifts from Hadley

another baby who loves the swing -yay!  and a mini Hadley

fresh air = snooze time

first walk

He will get weighed again on Thursday and his jaundice checked out.  Hoping to be back above 7 lbs and a good report on his coloring.  It will feel good to get out and about more and more!

2 comments:

Jenny Bo said...

Another favorite in the Boling house: Hadley doing tummy time with Brady on his blanket!!

Mallory said...

So adorable those two together! Also, glad to see my house looks like other mommy's houses (same swing, rock n play and turtle blanket! lol).