Saturday, August 28, 2010

Denver or Bust!

I guess the upside of David racking up all of these airline miles flying to and from anywhere constantly....is that I get to tag along when I can!


And, who doesn't want to tag along to Denver?? Especially when I get to see some great friends! Like these two ladies???

Meet Beth - our hostess with the mostess! She encouraged lots of water consumption all weekend and also the use of "blame it on the altitude" after everything that went wrong. She also ensures fun times are had by all, and opens her home to people she meets the night before :)

Meet Mallory - former LLS staff person and the newest yogi to move to Colorado Springs. Mal was eager to spend time in Denver, bonded with Beth and Matt (yay!) and is making her community a better place one tutoring program or gala at a time.

We spent Friday at lunch in Golden. Seriously check out this sign...."howdy folks" is front and center. I truly anticipated seeing tumbleweed blow across the street. We stole Matt from work for a group lunch! David and Beth just played hookey from work.


I love eating and staring at mountains! I found it to be a true appetite suppressor. That, or the gobs of people walking around in their yoga clothes or biking. Makes you feel a little guilty for enjoying some french fries.

Then, David and I were off to Colorado Spring to see Mal & Stefan's new digs and hang out for a bit. I came bearing gifts!! A lovely old string cheese that we found in the fridge at work 3 whole months after Mallory left LLS. ew. Lauren made me. Then, a lovely photo book of our bar crawl in honor of Mallory after her last week at LLS. Tear. Literally - I made her cry.

Then Mal, Stefan and her brother Andrew (in town from Michigan) all drove back to Denver with us for a fun night downtown. The awesome part? We had so much fun!! The not awesome part? my camera died :( But, we went to Rock Bottom for live music, drinks and of course lots of laughs. Mostly at my expense and my dining choices - ball park pretzels for dinner? Yes I will!
Then on Saturday David had to work (sad!), Matt had to take a practice LSAT test (sad!) and the rest of us went to Red Rocks. It was so gorgeous!! I wish I would have been there for a concert, but taking in the sites was fun!


Then our group went to an awesome vegetarian restaurant, WaterCourse Foods, (where my food choices were again teased....so what if I don't like to eat a meal, but just task several different things??) Then, to REI, to pick up David, to get ice cream and go to the grocery to prep for a cookout. BIG DAY.

It was great to meet a couple of Beth's friends, have Mal/Stefan/Andrew stay to grill out and just hang out. Then there were lots of tears saying goodbye to Mal. boo.

David and Andrew being boys.

My sunday was spent watching HGTV and DIY with Beth and Matt, while David worked. Then, to the airport to travel home.

We did SO much in such a short time...it was awesome! I told David this can become our yearly August trip - and I wouldn't complain about the flight (big deal for me!) Next trip? I want to experience Boulder, too!

Thanks to Beth & Matt for being excellent inn keepers!

That's it for me and travel for the next couple of months. David is currently in Tampa as I type, then driving to Ft. Lauderdale. Then home for a few days, we will go to Bloomington for Labor Day Weekend (YAY!) and then he goes to Vegas and probably a few other places that I can't remember ;)

No comments: