David spent last Saturday putting the stone in the ground for our raised garden while I was in Fort Wayne for work - what a nice surprise!
Here is the david's handy work + 800 pounds of composted manure :)
The plants getting acquainted with the "real world" (i.e. wind, chill, heat, dark of night)
And the finished product! I am sure the squash will take over the one end and I might have to remove/move them, but its a start! There are heirloom toms, sweet peppers, onions, marigolds, beans (ewww - but Sara said I had to plant beans), yellow squash, zukes and some squash plant that Sara couldn't remember what it was, so its a surprise!
The larger pot on the left is housing some grape tomato plants and the smaller one on the right is some extra marigold starts.
I am setting my expectations very low and will be happy if I get ONE tomato, ONE pepper and ONE type of squash. I keep telling David that next year it will be easier to get started because the infrastructure and dirt will already be in place.
A HUGE THANK YOU to sara & jenny for all working together on our seed planting and gardens - this is for sure an annual tradition! (next year with mexican food and margaritas, right ladies??)
Does anyone need some starts? I have 8 various squashes, 4 heirloom tomatoes and 3 sweet peppers.
2 comments:
YAYAYAY! All produce is in the ground up north and down south. :) I planted seeds for summer squash - but if you have sprouted starts of that kind, I might take 2 of those and dig up my seeds. Think that would work? My hopes are set as high as yours...for just ONE of every thing I planted. Anything over I'll call my little guys "over achievers"! :)
Wish I lived there - I would totally be up for a Mexican "planting" party! :) Great job...
Post a Comment