Sunday, April 25, 2010

heavy.heart.

Thinking of Megan's family and friends with a heavy heart. I have not had another experience like being a passenger on Megan's journey. I was touched, inspired, proud, concerned, upset, perplexed, angry and relieved lots of time during the past year and nine months. I cannot imagine, nor do I want to, what her family has felt during this journey.

I am thankful she is no longer suffering, and that her family has a sense of peace.

I am also thankful for selfish reasons. I am thankful for the perspective this experiences has provided. Never did anyone talk about if Megan was a good teacher or of her professional life. While I love what I do and take it very seriously and am proud of my work, I have better perspective on what is important. And my new mantra 'work does not define me' and hopefully being a good friend, daughter, sister, wife, mommy to Harley, co-worker, etc. does. I am reminded, once again, that lessons are everywhere - most often when you least expect it!

I am also very proud of my mom and her friends, and the strength they showed Megan's mom, and the time they devoted to her family. We joke about it, but how great that my mom was able to retire at a time when she would be needed most.

Team KCA, our race for the cure team in honor of Megan, raised lots of money and impacted lots of people - thank you to everyone for their support.

3 comments:

Grammy & Gramps said...

Sara,
Thank you for posting such a beautiful entry for Megan and her family. I think Megan's journey was a learning experience for all of us. My perspective on life is so different now.
You make us proud to be your parents that is for sure.
Love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

You are so wise, my friend, and from my experiences you definitely are a good friend, a good co-worker, and it seems that your husband wholeheartedly believes you are a wonderful wife, and your family adores you. You have much to be proud of and I am proud to be your friend. Sending you all much love at this time - let me know if you want some Dorito Goodness to lift the spirits :)

Love,
Sarah

Waldner News said...

So beautiful...you said all the things I was thinking! I love you!