Wednesday, March 10, 2010

gettin' dirtier

Sara invited Jenny, Kelli and I over to plant some seed on Tuesday. Let me also mention that Kelli has taken master gardner classes and Sara could probably teach them. I was definitely a student, but it was fun to learn! Sara made it easy by buying all of our supplies, we brought our own seeds and then just divided it up. I can't wait to start my garden like this every year, how fun!

The finished product: two trays of starts. I think there are 72 spots all together... p.s. check out the full fruit and veggie bowl filled up by this week's farm fresh delivery, mmmmm

A little sideways, but without the lid

The cheat sheet they give you to track what you planted.

As you might be able to read, I am attempting to grow tomatoes, squash, zucchini, eggplant, a few varieties of peppers, lettuce and some herbs.


I also finally purchased my compost goodies.

This is the container that I will keep under the sink. Not bad for the first night. As you can see we had some pearl potatoes, avacado, lime and lettuce :)

3 comments:

Sara and Brian said...

you are quite the little gardener....i hope it works!!!

Anonymous said...

I think seed-starting together needs to be an annual tradition. Next year, we should incorporate margaritas or something.

I LUB your compost container. Target? I want it!

Waldner News said...

oh my goodness, aren't you the little gardener! :) jack will be thrilled to see your garden this summer if we come to visit! too bad it's a little early for us to start our seeds - we will probably wait another month or so! :) is david going to prepare a "real" garden in your yard? harley will LOVe it! ha!