Sunday, February 24, 2008

Planes, Trains and Automobiles

What a nightmare! I just have to share my troubled travels this week. Here is a rough break down...
Thursday: (Indy to cleveland via chicago)
4:25 a.m. leave for the airport
6:15 a.m. depart Indy (a little late)
6:15 a.m. (chicago time) land and sit on the runway for 15 minutes because luggage carts were in the way of the plane-yep, you heard me, how does that happen?
6:30 a.m. deplane and run to connecting
6:40 a.m. miss connecting flight to Cleveland, get put on a 7:50 flight
7:50 a.m. board new plane
8:40 a.m. deboard new plane due to mechanical problems
9:20 a.m. they declare our flght closed and attempt to put us on another plane
10:15 a.m. board the 2nd plane (actually 3rd of the day!) and take off!
12:30 p.m. (ohio time) finally LAND!

Friday: (one way cleveland to chicago)
1:00 p.m. arrive at airport
3:15 p.m. attempt to fly standby, don't get on the plane
6:46 p.m. my original flight departure time
7:10 p.m. the first delay of many. our pilot calls in sick-can they even do that?
9:50 p.m. we finally take off

Yes, that is 9 hours in the airport on friday.

Needless to say I was WAY late to get into Chicago and meet up with David, Matt & Jenny...but it felt so good to touch down at Midway and get into a car.

I am currently boycotting planes, airports and Cleveland.

2 comments:

Adventures of Aaron and Jordan said...

Uhhh I feel your pain, that seems to happen to me everytime I travel....

natalie said...

I like the new blog look. Your wedding is coming so soon! I bet you are so excited!