Monday, July 5, 2010

zukes!

We came home to a note in our fridge propped up against a zucchini stating that it came from our garden. I thought Sara was playing a joke since I was certain I was barely going to yield anything from all this effort.

But it was true!

So I ran out there early the next morning and there was another one! WOO HOO! Notice there are also 4 yellow wax beans in my right hand. I wasn't sure to make of those, but David snatched them right up and had no problem eating them. So, I guess they won't go to waste.

There is one medium-ish sized tomato hanging on the vine right now, just toying with me about if and when it might turn red. Hmmm. But, my friend Kelli did make me feel better last night during our little garden inspection - saying she had read alot about tomato plants being delayed in production this year because of all the rain, and that heirlooom are "late bloomers." So, true or not - I'll take it!

Stay tuned for photos of award-winning tomatoes (I hope sooner than later).

No comments: