Monday, July 5, 2010

gre - NAY - da

We're back! After an amazing week in Grenada, its back to reality! It was such a difference island than the Dominican (honeymoon spot-and last all inclusive vaca). It small, so peaceful, friendly and surprisingly clean and safe. Its off-season for travelers now, so our resort had about 50 people there all week.

Aside from not having our luggage for the first 48 hours, washing our clothes in the sink on the first night just in case we need them, having to shop at the local "mall" for necessities, wearing the same outfits to dinner on the first 2 nights because that was all we had...we had a pretty seamless trip!

We did NOTHING all week, and loved it! There were activities you could do all day every day, but we only did a few aquacise and pool volleyball sessions. I read 3 books, and David even read one! yay! It was just what we needed to relax.



The arrival sign. At this point I am super pumped about vaca - that is all about to change in about an hour after we get through immigration and I watch David walk around the luggages piles (who need conveyors?) in a panic of not finding ours.



Cheers!


paradise




Our friends dad & stepmom live in Grenada, so we were able to join them to eat at two local restaurants and to feed the Mona Monkeys. They were hungry. After this guy, above, took off climbing all over David for that banana, I became the official photo-taker. I was not about to get clawed to death for yellow fruit. But, Tony and David were brave. I have great video and will try to get those uploaded soon!



Enjoy all the pics from vaca!

1 comment:

Jenny Bo said...

Ahhh I LOVE the monkey-on-David photo. So great. I'd probably want to bring one home, had I been there. Welcome back! :) And OF COURSE I'm about to few the entire trip album. Duh.