Sara made an a-ma-zing vegetarian mexican lasagna (mex-agna)...it was so great! So, tonight I attempted to re-create with no recipe and see what resulted. I really liked it and Cease ate it up, so I must have done something right!
Veggie Mex-Agna
this version is for a 8x8 glass pan and would feed 4...so it's pretty thick. you could bake it in a 9x13 and have it be a little thinner and feed more
approx. 12 small round soft corn tortillas
diced tomato (one large or 2 roma)
onion (approx. a 1/4 onion or to your liking)
zucchini (chopped thinly - 1/2 a small zuke)
carrots - shredded
1 can black beans
shredded cheese (I shredded 1 block of colby jack and it was plenty)
salsa
Preheat oven to 350. Warm black beans in small pan on stove. Once warmed through, drain and mash. (I used the back of an ice cream scoop against a stainless steel bowl and it worked fine. Mashed but with some chunks is good) Spray glass baking dish with cooking spray. Pour a little salsa in bottom of dish. Layer 4 tortillas to cover bottom of dish. Spread 1/2 black bean mixture over tortillas. Sprinkle with diced tomatos, thinly diced zucchini, shredded carrots and then a little salsa. Add a layer of shredded cheese. Then repeat starting with the tortillas to create another layer. Top with tortillas and more cheese. Bake approx. 1/2 hour until cheese begins to brown.
I let it sit for a bit so that it would cut nicely like a lasagna.
muy bueno :) Served up next to a side of wholey guacamole - you can't go wrong!!
No comments:
Post a Comment