Monday, May 18, 2009

GUACAMOLE without the GUILT!

I love guacamole and don't really know anyone who doesn't! I have tried to convince myself that it is healthy because it is "good fat." ha! So, I have been determined to find a healthier alternative. We do WW at work and this week is my week to make a treat for the participants. I found this recipe online at LaaLoosh (a great resource for WW recipes that are NOT boring!).

It looks like guacamole and tastes like guacamole-hooray!

Enjoy!

WW Guacamole
Ingredients:
- 1 medium avocado; ripe, peeled & pitted
- 1 15-oz. can young peas, drained & rinsed
- 1/4 cup chopped tomatillos
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onions
- 1/3 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp. lime juice
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 2 tbsp. chopped cilantro
- salt & pepper to taste

Directions:
Put peas in a medium bowl and mash with a fork until almost smooth. Add in avocado and mash that into the peas until smooth.

Add remaining ingredients and stir until combined. Cover surface with plastic wrap and refrigerate up to 1 day. Makes 6 servings.

Serving size: 1/3 cup
Each serving = 1 WW point

Chef's tips: I used some guacamole seasoning from the produce section of the grocery. I also used garlic salt to add salt. Eat with baked scoops! (14 baked scoops for 2 points).

We eat guac often and our fav is on a chicken BLT - TRY IT! Grill thin sliced chicken, turkey bacon and buttered bread. Stack with tomato, lettuce and guac! A Rachel Ray recipe.

1 comment:

Brooke Burtnett said...

I LOVE Guacamole! Thanks for the recipe...I will try this out