We are now less than a week from our closing and still have a house for sale. Actually, now it is a house for SALE or RENT. We have had some strong interest, just not strong enough to result in moving forward. I think we have a few outstanding inquiries and then its enlisting our realtor to put it on the market. Wish us luck!
As for the new house, I have been obsessing over paint, to say the least. I think I have chosen three colors to at least get started with. Who know there were so many shades and tones of tan!! Actually, I did and I could probably pick the best one out for a friend in an hour. But, no, not for myself, it is taking several trips to several paint stores. Just this week, the guy at Sherwin-Williams told me, and I quote, "you will be okay." What? I mean of course I will be okay, I do realize that paint doesn't end wars or cure the sick, but I guess he wasn't getting that vibe. He apparently was only getting the "she is obsessing over TAN" vibe. Oh well, I can always re-paint! (David's worst nightmare!)
We have only bought a few pieces of furniture and are really waiting to get in the house and see how we live before commiting to any piece. I am currently on the hunt for a "funky" entry table that I can refinish or paint and a headboard for the guest room. I am considering the DIY approach as seen on HGTV, but I also think a neat antique piece would be cool. Lucky guests!!
Overall, we are really excited to make this house "ours" and are chomping at the bit to get started. Patience barely exists in this household!
Oh and if you are in need of a 46" TV, Costco has a deal on buying two at once so David needs a TV buddy!
Hopefully we can post pictures soon of our new home!
8 years ago
1 comment:
I'm sure you could get Dad to upgrade his TV again! :) Oh wait, doesn't Matt owe you one anyways? ha!
You obsessing over paint? I can't believe it...xoxo!
Post a Comment